2018 Student Conference - Thinking Employability
Businet has hosted a student conference annually for over 20 years. The student event is designed to enable you to interact with new people, from difference cultural backgrounds, to work and play together in the beautiful city of Edinburgh. You will also get the chance to travel to Stirling to sample Experiential Learning* in a different environment. The concept of bringing students from different countries and institutes together to network and learn has been one that Businet has championed since 1997. In 2017 a review of the venue and programme led to the further evolution of the event.
The "Thinking Employability" event 2018 features a programme that will:
- identify and explore Employability Skills
- encourage Reflective Thinking
- provide the opportunity to sample Experiential Learning
- introduce the concept of Emotional Intelligence.
- assist students to identify and develop skills and self-awareness through reflection
The programme will be delivered by members of industry and by academics in the disciplines that underpin the conference aims.
In Edinburgh the conference events will be held in centrally located, prestigious venues.
A dedicated App will be made available before the conference to help delegates get maximum benefit from the event and to assist with communication between delegates.
There are 110 places available. Up to 30 September there will be a maximum of 5 home students per institute, plus up to 5 "guest" students from outside of the home country, currently studying at your institute. If places remain at 30 September that allocation will increase.
*Experiential learning is the process of learning through experience and is more specifically defined as “learning through reflection of doing”
Businet Student Conference
14.00 on Sunday 25 November to 13.00 on Thursday 29 November 2018
Location of Accommodation
We will use two hotels. Both are centrally located and near the conference venues. The Old Waverley Hotel will be one hotel. The other will be announced at a later date.
Location of Activities
The Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
Royal Society of Edinburgh
A location in Stirling
Level 5 students (EQF) studying any discipline
- 4 nights in a centrally located 3-star hotel on a shared room basis. Single rooms are available at a supplement
- one evening meal, plus a subsidy towards a meal with working group members
- transport to and from Stirling, with a visit to the Kelpies
- visit to Edinburgh castle (optional)
It does not include
- Travel to Edinburgh
- Any visas required by non EU / EEA students
Travel and visas are the responsibility of the individual